Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"You have to do it for everyone"

After watching her mother-in-law and best friend battle breast cancer, Debbie Northrup is determined to Bust a Move for everyone affected by the disease.

 "At first I was just doing it for them, but after seeing what they went through, you have to do it for everyone."

Debbie is a returning participant and has well-exceeded her fundraising goal with over $2,000 raised so far. "I raised most of it, by asking my friends and family to make a donation to Bust a Move instead of giving a gift for my 50th birthday," she says.

Debbie and her team, the Arthritis and Injury Care Boobs, are ready to Bust a Move and the new Canada Games Centre on March 26, 2011. "I had a blast last year and I can't wait to do it again," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Event

My photo
Bust a Move for Breast Health is a home grown fundraising event in support of the QEII and IWK Foundations in Nova Scotia, Canada. Six hours of exercise and fundraising for world-class breast health services will combine to create a unique experience anyone can be part of. Join us on March 26th, 2011!