Wednesday, February 9, 2011

50th Birthday Celebration

Pam Riley is celebrating her 50th birthday with a BAM – Bust a Move that is. “I saw an ad for Bust a Move and when I realized the event was taking place on my 50th birthday, I knew I had to do it,” says Pam. “I don’t want any cards or gifts for my birthday, I just want people to sponsor me for Bust a Move.”

Pam and her husband Greg at the Bust a Move rally in January.
Pam is only a few weeks into her fundraising but already, the donations are adding up. She went through her address book and mailed 75 ask letters to her friends and family. “You just can’t be afraid to ask people. The worst they can say is no.” Pam has even received a donation from a past co-worker who she hasn’t seen in over 20 years. Pam, a Kentville postal carrier, is using her baking talents to hold bake sales every second week. She is also planning to raffle off a basket.

“I can’t wait to be in the room at Bust a Move, with hundreds of other people, all working towards the same goal. I am dedicating Bust a Move in loving memory of my father-in-law Donald Riley, my dear friend Krista Thomas, my dear friend Donna Barry, and co-worker Chris Lockhart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Event

My photo
Bust a Move for Breast Health is a home grown fundraising event in support of the QEII and IWK Foundations in Nova Scotia, Canada. Six hours of exercise and fundraising for world-class breast health services will combine to create a unique experience anyone can be part of. Join us on March 26th, 2011!