Thursday, March 10, 2011

From volunteer to participant

Last year Karen Smart walked the floor as a volunteer for Bust a Move. This year, she will be following along as a participant. A few years ago, Karen lost a very dear friend to breast cancer and both her sister and sister-in-law are breast cancer survivors. “I felt so helpless. Bust a Move is my way of doing something,” explains Karen.

Karen sent out a bunch of emails to friends, family and co-workers and 16 donations later, she had reached her minimum fundraising goal of $1000. “I can’t wait to be part of this amazing event again. I even signed up for Zumba classes to help get me ready for the big day,” laughs Karen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Event

My photo
Bust a Move for Breast Health is a home grown fundraising event in support of the QEII and IWK Foundations in Nova Scotia, Canada. Six hours of exercise and fundraising for world-class breast health services will combine to create a unique experience anyone can be part of. Join us on March 26th, 2011!